I don’t know about you guys, but I LOVE drinking tea! (Sorry coffee lovers). There’s nothing better than curling up on the couch with my snuggie and a piping hot cup of tea at the end of an anxiety-filled day. So when I found out that certain teas can help fight the symptoms of anxiety, of course I was stoked.
Below is a list of my favorite teas to sip on when I’m feeling a little anxious.
- Chamomile Tea: Known to calm the stomach and reduce mild anxiety. My favorite brand of chamomile is by Celestial Seasonings. Just add a little honey and enjoy!
- Green Tea: The flavor is definitely one to get used to, but I always add a bit of sugar or honey to sweeten it up. This tea is best known for its high antioxidant content but also contains theanine, an amino acid that promotes relaxation. Some green teas contain caffeine however, so make sure to pick up the decaf kind if you want to wind down.
- Passionflower Tea: Contains chrysin, which is known for its anti-anxiety properties. I like to enjoy this tea iced, rather than hot. My favorite brand is by Tazo.
- Sleepytime Tea: A calming blend of tea that contains chamomile, spearmint, lemon grass, tilia flowers, blackberry leaves, orange blossoms, hawthorn and rosebuds. Oh, and it’s caffeine free!
- Peppermint Tea: Anxiety keeping you up at night? The menthol in peppermint tea can help relax muscles and relieve tension, making it easier to fall asleep.
What kinds of tea help reduce your anxiety? Let me know in the comments below!
Until next time,
Tanasia K. ❤